The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 opening ceremony of the much-awaited ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be a lavish opening ceremony programme. The ceremony is all set to take place on The Mall, the famous road in the City of Westminster, central London. The road is situated between Buckingham Palace at its western end and Trafalgar Square via Admiralty Arch to the east
Yes, you have heard it right. England and Wales will be hosting the Cricket World Cup in 2019.
It is the same place where the last ICC Champions Trophy was completed successfully. In the year 2015, Australia lifted the world cup defeating New Zealand in an exciting final. But now, the Australian cricketing team has tended to be on the weaker side over fast few months, with teams like South Africa, India, and New Zealand emerging as a powerful unit.
It will be really interesting to see if Australia can emerge as a strong unit and save their title.
The Greatest event of the cricket is going be starting and before that, the cricketing fans would love to experience the grand programme in ICC Cricket World Cup Opening Ceremony with the presence of big famous celebrities from all around the world shaking their booties and showing their talent of singing, dancing and entertainment on the stage just before the first match of ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. We all are highly excited to see the star performers who will be making the event rememberable and worth time spending for the fans before the first match that will be played between England and South Africa.
According to Daily Mail, Buckingham Palace will provide the backdrop for the event. The International Cricket Council (ICC) has already promised that the opening ceremony will be the ‘most celebrated start to a Cricket World Cup ever’. The ceremony will include live sport, music, and entertainment for 4,000 fans.
The ceremony will take place on May 29. However, the participating teams will not attend the party due to the tournament starting the following day. But a number of former cricketers will be invited to take part. The ICC is hopeful that the party-style opening ceremony in the heart of London will boost the popularity of the tournament.
The ICC is desperate to avoid the kind of opening ceremony that took place 20 years ago at the Lord’s when England last hosted the competition. At that time, the then UK Prime Minister Tony Blair had given a speech that could not be heard due to a broken microphone. The rain had played spoilsport too as the tournament went off to an unimpressive start.
England and South Africa will lock horns in the tournament-opener on May 30 at The Oval in London. The tournament will last for 45 days with 48 matches to be played. India will start their campaign against the Proteas on June 5. The format for the 2019 edition will see 10 best teams in the world going head-to-head in a round-robin format. The tournament will culminate with the fifth final at the iconic Lord’s Cricket Ground on July 14.
The first ever Cricket World Cup tournament League was also hosted by England. At that period of time, England was the only country that had the resources to host such a big event successfully. West Indies emerged as the winners in the first-Cricket World Cup that was played in the year 1975 and in 1979 again Windies took the trophy back to home. Three times in a row England hosted the World Cup until the year 1983. This time the trophy was taken by India after winning an exciting match against West Indies. India won the cup under the Captaincy of Kapil Dev.
In 1987, the hosts were both India & Pakistan together and the tournament was won by Australia for the first time. In 1992, Australia and New Zealand were the combined host of the world cup tournament and this time it’s Pakistan who won the world cup trophy. In 1996 Sri Lanka won while Australia became the world champions by winning the trophy for three consecutive years i.e. in 1999, 2003 and 20017.
In 2011, India hosted the Cricket World Cup and this time it was a win for India against Sri Lanka under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. In 2015, Australia once again won by defeating New Zealand. 2019 will be the 11th Edition of this Cricket Tournament.
CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 QUALIFICATION PROCEDURE
The cricket world cup 2019 will have 10 teams playing in the league. The number of teams has decreased this season from 14 in the earlier world cups. England which is the host of 2019 Cricket World Cup automatically qualifies while the other 7 teams with their rankings from 1 to 8 (as of 30th September 2017) also qualify for the tournament. Based on the ICC Cricket world cup 2018 season qualifier happened to place in Zimbabwe from March 4 to March 25 Afghanistan and West Indies made it into the tournament.
So the teams participating in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 are-
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- West Indies
Cricket World Cup 2019 Fixtures
- 30th May 2019- England vs South Africa – The Oval, London
- 31st May 2019- Pakistan vs West Indies- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- 1 June 2019 – New Zealand vs Sri Lanka -Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- 1 June 2019 – Australia vs Afghanistan- County Ground, Bristol
- 2 June 2019 – Bangladesh vs South Africa – The Oval, London
- 3 June 2019 – England vs Pakistan – Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- 4 June 2019 – Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka -Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- 5 June 2019 – India vs South Africa -Rose Bowl, Southampton
- 5 June 2019 – Bangladesh vs New Zealand -The Oval, London
- 6 June 2019 – Australia vs West Indies -Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- 7 June 2019 – Pakistan vs Sri Lanka -County Ground, Bristol
- 8 June 2019 – -England vs Bangladesh -Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- 8 June 2019 – Afghanistan vs New Zealand -County Ground, Taunton
- 9 June 2019 – Australia vs India – The Oval, London
- 10 June 2019- South Africa vs West Indies – Rose Bowl, Southampton
- 11 June 2019 – Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka- County Ground, Bristol
- 12 June 2019 – Australia vs Pakistan- County Ground, Taunton
- 13 June 2019 – India vs New Zealand- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- 14 June 2019 – England vs West Indies- Rose Bowl, Southampton
- 15 June 2019 – Australia vs Sri Lanka- The Oval, London
- 15 June 2019 – Afghanistan vs South Africa- Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- 16 June 2019 – India vs Pakistan, Old Trafford-Manchester
- 17 June 2019 – Bangladesh vs West Indies- County Ground, Taunton
- 18 June 2019 – England vs Afghanistan- Old Trafford, Manchester
- 19 June 2019 – New Zealand vs South Africa- Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 20 June 2019- Australia vs Bangladesh- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- 21 June 2019- England vs Sri Lanka- Headingley, Leeds
- 22 June 2019 – Afghanistan vs India- Rose Bowl, Southampton
- 22 June 2019 – New Zealand vs West Indies- Old Trafford, Manchester
- 23 June 2019- Pakistan vs South Africa -Lord’s, London
- 24 June 2019 – Afghanistan vs Bangladesh -Rose Bowl, Southampton
- 25 June 2019 – England vs Australia- Lord’s, London
- 26 June 2019- New Zealand vs Pakistan -Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 27 June 2019 – India vs West Indies -Old Trafford, Manchester
- 28 June 2019- South Africa vs Sri Lanka- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
- 29 June 2019 – Afghanistan vs Pakistan- Headingley, Leeds
- 29 June 2019 – Australia vs New Zealand- Lord’s, London
- 30 June 2019- England vs India- Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 1 July 2019 – Sri Lanka vs West Indies- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
- 2 July 2019- Bangladesh vs India- Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 3 July 2019 – England vs New Zealand- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
- 4 July 2019 – Afghanistan vs West indies- Headingley, Leeds
- 5 July 2019 – Bangladesh vs Pakistan- Lord’s London
- 6 July 2019 – India vs Sri Lanka- Headingley, Leeds
- 6 July 2019- Australia vs South Africa- Old Trafford, Manchester
Cricket World Cup 2019 Semi-Finals
- 9 July 2019- Qualifier 1 vs Qualifier 4, Old Trafford, Manchester
- 11 July 2019- Qualifier 2 vs Qualifier 3, Edgbaston, Birmingham
Cricket World Cup 2019 Finals
- 14 July 2019- Winner Semi Final 1 vs Winner Semi Final 2, Lord’s London
Cricket World Cup 2019 Tickets
If you wish to obtain ticket inclusive packages, you can book your tickets at ICC Travel and Tours Website. It provides you with hotels and official match tickets. You can book any match out of the 48 packages available.